Home security cameras can easily be installed as a deterrent—a display that notifies burglars or intruders that “we’re always watching.” Or you can leverage your video surveillance to tighten your home’s safety measures.
Thankfully, the latest security cameras come equipped with a plethora of additions all built to provide all-encompassing protection for your family. Whether it’s recording options and 2-way talk or infrared night vision and fast action motion detectors, these additions empower you to have the most from security cameras in South Bend.
How To Set Up Your South Bend Video Surveillance For Maximum Protection
The first step to optimizing your security cameras is installing them in the right places around your living space. Interior security cameras work best when placed in high traffic rooms such as the living room or den. It’s also a great move to install a camera pointed at main entryways, stairs, or other transitional areas criminals would have to enter through to access the rest of your home. Outdoor security cameras ideally provide a clear view of your front door, front walk, and backyard, garage, and other outdoor isolated buildings, like sheds. And you can easily get a view of your main entryway through a sleek doorbell camera.
There are areas within your home that are less vital to watch such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements without a good entryway to the outside. Seclusion for you and your family should be a chief consideration prior to placing a camera in a bedroom.. Feel free to add window or motion sensors if you want a measure of security in bedrooms.
Additions That Enhance Security Cameras
Component placement is only the beginning in utilizing the most out of home security cameras in South Bend. The additions described below help to elevate security and enhance overall home safety.
- Motion detection: Receive automatic messages on your smart device the instant unusual activity is sensed. You can also configure cameras to begin filming when movements are discovered which helps increase camera recording time.
- Cloud storage for smart clips: Program your security cameras to film and store clips so you can view them anytime.
- 2-way audio: The majority of modern security cameras feature a built-in microphone and speaker so you are able to chat with people via the camera. With your security app, you can act like you’re inside or talk to your kids as they come back from school.
- Field of view: Field of view, or how wide camera the lens can see, gives you a more comprehensive look at any space. Opt for cameras that allow for a minimum of 120-degree coverage or that are able to pan in a wide arc for complete visibility.
- Dark vision: Ensure your security cameras are equipped with either LED or infrared sensors that can pick up footage of night-time movement.
- Activity zones: Activity zones give you the freedom to guard specific areas within your house.. For example, you can tell your doorbell camera to inform you of activity taking place on your yard or your driveway and disregard animals passing or the sidewalk.
- App: mobile app, like ADT Control®, allow you to live-stream camera footage, direct cameras, power or disengage the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app will send timely alerts when the sense something unusual taking place around your property.
Get Your Security Cameras Today
Achieving the most out of your security cameras in South Bend is more simple. From ultra fast motion detection to two-way audio, your home security is elevated from just a deterrent to an unbreakable defense. Call (574) 241-6763 or complete the form below to begin building your home security and camera system today.