The latest residential security solutions are becoming more advanced by the day. Even so, it doesn't take much to neglect to do basic security duties like arming your home security, shutting the garage door, or even securing your front door.
What if you no longer needed to worry about these things ever again? When utilizing geofencing in South Bend, you can simply drive off to work and make your security system lock up for you.
What is Geofencing In South Bend For Security Systems?
Geofencing creates a virtual boundary a set distance from your residence, which you are able to set up in your smart security app. This modern home security option then tracks your mobile device to see when you go past the boundary and then puts in motion pre-programmed actions or notifications.
What Makes Geofencing Work?
Geofencing relies on z-wave, a wireless communications standard that smart components take advantage of to interact with each other. This innovative approach assists your home security by putting all components onto the same network. You are then able to set up a unique boundary around your home and designate the specific actions you want to occur if you go past the specified border.
For example, as soon as you pull away from your driveway, you may program your security system to secure your front and back doors, lower the garage door, and arm your alarms. Conversely, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing could be set to alert your system to disengage the alarm, raise the garage door, turn on lights, and even alter your your temperature settings.
These are some of the technologies you will be able to command with geofencing:
● Smart lights and outlets
● Surveillance and alarms
● Electronic devices including TVs or appliances
● Garage door sensors
Schedules, Scenes, And Geofencing Are Available In Your Mobile Security App
Geofencing is just one way to use your home’s security system in South Bend. With the ADT Control app, you have the ability to reap the benefits of smart home automation. In a few easy touches of your phone, and you have the opportunity to:
● Set schedules: arrange your smart components to activate at the times of your choice. Direct various lights to lower to indicate that it's bedtime, or disarm your home’s alarm as you start your day.
● Manage how devices interact: Make specific devices engage when another element is triggered. Instruct your thermostat to turn on the connected fan when the fire alarm is set off. Or illuminate your hallway lighting when your surveillance system notices unusual motion in the yard.
● Preprogram scenes: Create room and event scenes with various smart components that function in harmony together. Make your smart bulbs switch off, the temperature go down, and the locks bolt when it's time for bed. Or program the system for TV night with preset light and thermostat settings.
● Geofence your security: It's easy to forget to arm your alarm system if you're hurrying to get out the door. With geofencing functionality and your smartphone, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to turn on your alarms and shut the garage door.
Take Advantage Of Geofencing in South Bend
Whether you seek extra reassurance of a safe, secure home whenever you go to work or you would like to automate your smart home technology, geofencing can help. Talk to one of our knowledgeable team members today at (574) 241-6763 or complete the form below to start designing your ideal security system.